Thursday, January 24, 2013






The Author Bio in my books says, "Eileen Harris lives and writes off the grid in the Arizona high desert.  I've had several people ask me what that means.  Well, by "off the grid" I mean we have no services provided by any public agency.  No city water, no garbage pick-up, no city sewer, no maintained roads, and the biggie no electricity.  We have our own well, an incinerator, a septic tank, equipment to maintain the roads, and a solar system.  We also have no traffic noise, sirens screaming down the street, no neighbor's barking dog, no pollution, and pure drinking water.  Like anything else our lifestyle is a trade off.  We have to drive seventy miles round trip to go to the grocery store and sadly no one will deliver us a pizza.  In this case I believe the saying a picture is worth a thousand words is absolutely true, so I am including a few to show you what we see from the picture window in our living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment