Sunday, November 13, 2016

Election 2016

     I almost decided not to write about my personal reaction to the recent presidential election. I knew no minds would be changed, no facts recognized, and it was too late anyway. I’ve changed my mind because I need to know that I’ve said out loud that I stand against evil. Too harsh a word? Maybe, but I don’t think so. Working against every type of human on the planet except straight white males, evil. Turning a blind eye to factual proven science and ruining the earth, our earth, the only place we have to live, by denying climate change, endorsing fossil fuel over renewable energy, allowing fracking, ignoring the increasingly polluted oceans, and refusing to admit we are nearing if not past the possibility of repairing the damage, evil. Ruining education, thus dooming society for the foreseeable future, evil. Painting our country’s great scientific minds as elitists with nothing worthwhile to say, evil.
     All those things sadden me for the future of this great country and the world. The fact that we elected a man who grabs women in intimate places without their permission, wants to abolish women’s rights, works against not for minorities, and has not even a glimmer of a clue on how to fix the economy, foreign relations, or govern with class is horrible. More horrible is the climate of hate, bullying, and discrimination alive in nearly half the population of the United States. The half that chose to ignore the facts and assist Donald Trump in his latest ego trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment